Written by: LTC (R) Richard R. Hodgson
JUNCTION CITY, KS — Junction City High School Army JROTC in Junction City Kansas was formally inspected for its Joint Program of Accreditation on March 27th, by Mr. Tyrone Middleton of 3rd Brigade, U.S. Army Cadet Command and noncommissioned officers from the 1st Infantry Division’s Special Troops Battalion. The program scored 99.13 percent on the inspected areas earning the rating of Honor Unit with Distinction.
The inspection events included;
- An in-ranks Class A uniform and cadet knowledge check of all assigned cadets in the program.
- A drill platoon demonstration.
- A color guard demonstration.
- A briefing detailing the planning and execution of the program’s annual service-learning project.
- A briefing detailing the planning and execution of the program’s annual continuous improvement project.
- An interview with ten selected cadets across all four grade levels and an inspection of each one’s academic curriculum portfolio.
The cadets worked very hard for a long time to ensure the program’s success and it all paid off with the highest possible rating.