Employment FAQs

U.S. Army Junior ROTC Instructor Employment Frequently Asked Questions.

JROTC highly advises Applicants not move to their new locations until they have been deemed SUITABLE by the Centralized Suitability Service Center OR until their Tier 1 with Childcare Investigation has been completed. JROTC will not reimburse moving expenses. Applicants will not be hired until they have been found SUITABLE to enter the classroom.
Due to Gray Area Instructors not receiving retired pay, IMD must simulate a retired pay in order to calculate a MIP. Instructor’s total years of service equals a percentage of the basic pay at year of retirement. Twenty years of service equals 50% with each additional year of service and additional 2.5% of base pay. This calculation is maxed at thirty years of service equal to 75% of base pay.
  • Gray Area Memo (.pdf)
New Hire Ten Month Contract MEMO JAN 2015 (.pdf)
No. Your employing school will pay the full MIP salary. JROTC will reimburse directly to the school district 50% of the MIP.
JROTC cost share reimbursements are typically made between the 4th through the 10th of the next month. So January reimbursement will occur in February; February in March and so on.
MIP is calculated using active duty entitlements. Active duty pay is based on 30 day months, regardless of 28 or 31 days in the month.
Bi-weekly pay checks are normally calculated by dividing your ANNUAL MIP by the number of actual pay checks during the school year. Your Bi-weekly pay will be less than monthly MIP, but will equal your annual MIP at the end of the school year.
School zip codes are the basis for VHA entitlement rates. If you change schools, your zip code will change which may cause a change in VHA rate. Note, if you are rate BAH protected, a change in school (zip code) will result in loss of the BAH protection.
Since May of 2015, all Army JROTC MIP statements are posted to your MyPay account. If you have trouble logging in, you must contact MyPay directly. If you need statements that are not located on MyPay, please contact your servicing pay technician.
First you should discuss this matter with your school district finance office. Often it is a simple miscalculation. If your pay issue is still not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact your servicing pay technician or submit an inquiry to jrotcpay@usacc.army.mil along with ALL pay stubs or a consolidated salary report from your school district for the time period in question. A pay review will be started by your servicing pay technician. Please include ALL salary information. We cannot assist you if you have any missing pay data.
Instructors who perform JCLC, JLAB, JSOCC, and/or attend required Brigade conference/training may receive up to a combined max of ten additional days of MIP/Cost Share. To receive the additional days, a memo on school letterhead must be submitted to your servicing brigade for processing. The memo must include the instructor’s name, event type, and the exact dates of attendance.
School work schedules may never align with the cost shared dates submitted on your annual DD Form 2767. Note, the DD Form 2767 is for MIP and cost shared purposes. As long as your school contract length and cost shared length match, you will receive full MIP and the school will receive full cost share.
Factors such as gross retired pay, total years of service and dependent status directly affect MIP calculation.
Any additional pay above MIP is strictly negotiated between the school district and JROTC instructors.
DD Form 2754 submitted through your JCIMS account or through your brigade along with any supporting documents for your claimed dependent status.
New school year DD 2767 are due NLT 30 days before the start of the new school year. DD 2767 must be submitted through your JCIMS account. Late submissions may result in loss of MIP/Cost share.
You should see your DD2767 dates updates up-to a few weeks after the start of your new school year.
Contact your servicing Brigade to ensure any change documentation has been submitted to IMD.