Applicant MUST NOT be retired more than five years from date of application or earlier than six months from retirement before applying.
Applicants must have a Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) Defense Self Service Logon (DS-Logon) “Basic account” to use JQUIP. Those personnel, who do not have an account, may register to obtain one on the JQUIP login page. The instructions for a new applicant requiring a DMDC DS-Logon account are on the web site pages.
The URL for this application is: https://jquip.usarmyjrotc.com
Incomplete applications will be purged from JQUIP within 30 days of inactivity.
Submitted packets must include the following items
- Copy of last 3 consecutive official evaluation reports (All 3 required with no gaps or courtesy copies), academic evaluations included (to obtain missing military documents, please access your AKO account at http://www.us.army.mil).
- Most recent copy of ORB (Officer), ERB (NCO), or PQR for AGR personnel.
- DD Form 214 Member 4 Copy (showing retired), Retirement Orders, or NGB-22, National Guard ONLY.
- A copy of DA Form 5500 (.pdf) (Body Fat Content Worksheet – Male) or DA Form 5501 (.pdf) (Body Fat Content Worksheet – Female) taken within 6 months (if required).
- Copy of your highest official transcripts from an accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the Department of Education.
- Copy of most recent physical exam conducted within the last 12 months on either:
- Copy of VA Rating Decision if awarded 30% or greater.
- DA Form 5016 (Chronological Statement of Retirement Points)
The Initial Qualification Training Course is inactive until further notice. You may still submit your application packet and take these courses when they become available. More information will be posted soon. (updated 05/11/21)
- Copy of Initial Qualification Training Certificate.
- Copy of Good Teacher Ethics Training Course Certificate:
Follow the link to the training. Save/Print your certificate and place it in your portfolio.
https://access.willinteractive.com/the-good-teacher-legacy-access/the-good-teacher (Mozilla or Google Chrome)
A DA Style photograph in the Army Service Uniform, 4″x 6″ (3/4 body) with the following information:
- Name (last, first, MI).
- Date Photo Taken.
- Photos must be taken within 1 year or application.
- Photo can be taken with a digital device and uploaded as a PDF.
- Applicants must complete an interview conducted by a certified interviewer after receiving notification from Cadet Command.
- Applicant must be in the Army Service Uniform.
- Click here for a list interviewers.
- If you have moved, changed phone numbers, or email address, please contact Instructor Management Division to update your records.
- Applications are processed in the order received.
For More Information
You may call the Army JROTC Instructor Management Division at 1-800-347-6641 or email at USARMY.KNOX.USACC.MBX.HQ-JROTC-IM@ARMY.MIL.