Applicants must have a Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) Defense Self Service Logon (DS-Logon) “Basic account” to use JQUIP. Those personnel, who do not have an account, may register to obtain one on the JQUIP login page. The instructions for a new applicant requiring a DMDC DS-Logon account are on the web site pages.
The URL for the JQUIP application is: https://jquip.usarmyjrotc.com
Submitted packets must include the following items
• Uploading blank documents may cause a delay in processing or denial of application. • Each document must be uploaded to the correct tab, failure to do so may result in slower processing time or return of application. • Incomplete applications will be purged from JQUIP within 30 days of inactivity or 120 days after creation of application if not submitted. • Applications are processed in the order received. • Applicant MUST NOT be retired more than five years from date of application or earlier than six months from retirement before applying.
- A DA style photograph in the Army Service Uniform, 4″x 6″ (3/4 body)
- Photo must include the following:
- Name (last, first, MI)
- Date Photo Taken.
- Photos must be taken within 1 year of application.
- Photo can be taken with a digital device and uploaded as a PDF in your JQUIP application.
- Copy of last 3 consecutive official evaluation reports (All 3 required with no gaps or courtesy copies, must be uploaded as 3 separate attachments), academic evaluations included. To obtain missing military documents, please access your records at http://www.hrc.army.mil/, click the self-service tab.
- Most recent copy of ORB (Officer), ERB (NCO), or PQR for AGR personnel.
- DD Form 214 Member 4 Copy (showing retired), Retirement Orders, or NGB-22, National Guard ONLY.
- A copy of DA Form 5500 (.pdf) (Body Fat Content Worksheet – Male) or DA Form 5501 (.pdf) (Body Fat Content Worksheet – Female) taken within 6 months (if required). If retired, this can be completed at an Army recruiting station.
- Copy of your highest official transcripts from an accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the Department of Education.
- Copy of most recent physical exam conducted by PCM, VA, or civilian physician within the last 12 months, on either:
- Copy of VA Rating Decision if awarded 30% or greater.
- DA Form 5016 (Chronological Statement of Retirement Points)
- Copy of Good Teacher Ethics Training Course Certificate:
Follow the link to the training. Save/Print your certificate and place it in your portfolio.
https://access.willinteractive.com/the-good-teacher-legacy-access/the-good-teacher (Mozilla or Google Chrome)
- Applicants must complete an interview conducted by a certified interviewer after receiving notification from Cadet Command.
- Applicant must be in the Army Service Uniform.
- Click here for a list interviewers.
For More Information
You may call the Army JROTC Instructor Management Division at 1-800-347-6641 or email at USARMY.KNOX.USACC.MBX.HQ-JROTC-IM@ARMY.MIL.