Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) is the Department of Defense's (DOD) largest youth development program.
JROTC serves as a character and leadership development program for our nation’s high school students. High school students enrolled in JROTC are called “Cadets.” There are approximately 314,000 Cadets enrolled in JROTC in over 1,700 high schools, led by 4,000 retired Army Instructors.
Providing a quality citizenship, character, and leadership development program, while fostering partnerships with communities and educational institutions.
The JROTC Creed
- I am an Army Junior ROTC Cadet.
- I will always conduct myself to bring credit to my family, country, school and the Corps of Cadets.
- I am loyal and patriotic.
- I am the future of the United States of America.
- I do not lie, cheat or steal and will always be accountable for my actions and deeds.
- I will always practice good citizenship and patriotism.
- I will work hard to improve my mind and strengthen my body.
- I will seek the mantle of leadership and stand prepared to uphold the Constitution and the American way of life.
- May God grant me the strength to always live by this creed.