The success of the Army JROTC program is largely due to great Instructors and outstanding high school youth who join the program and become our Corps of Cadets. High school students around the world join for a myriad of reasons – because it’s “different”; it’s all about leadership and citizenship; it gives youth a “great start” in life; etc. There is nothing like Army JROTC, but to better appreciate what it does, please take a look at the following web pages:
- Media Review
- The Curriculum
- For Our Parents
- Our High School JROTC Programs
- Regulations & Guidance
- How to establish a JROTC Program
- The NDCC Program
||Establish a Program
||The NDCC Program
|Why Join the Army JROTC Program:
- To appreciate the ethical values and principles that underlie good citizenship.
- To be able to think logically and to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- To appreciate the importance of physical fitness in maintaining good health.
- To understand the importance of high school graduation for a successful future, and learn about college and other advanced educational and employment opportunities.
- To develop mental management abilities.
- To become familiar with military history as it relates to America's
culture, and understand the history, purpose, and structure of military
- To develop the skills necessary to work effectively as a member of a team.
Cadet Private Sami Wain & Cadet Sgt Elissa McKay
after their annual Drill competition.