Waynesville JROTC Raiders take 1st at Clinton Raider Challenge Competition:
The Waynesville JROTC Raiders finished 1st overall in their first Raider Challenge Competition of the 2016-17 season at Clinton High School on Sept. 2-3.
Waynesville students also secured the top individual spots with the Top Female APFT (High Individual Score) going to Stephanie Truddell and the Top Male APFT (High Individual Score) going to Chris Alvarez. More than half of Waynesville’s top JROTC Raider competitors are new to the team.
“We lost 10 of our 18 primary Raiders from last year to graduation and PCS, so this is an important first win for us, ” said Col.(R) Chuck Williams, JROTC senior Army instructor.
In addition to placing 1st overall, Waynesville’s Raiders earned:
- 1st place APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test, which includes 2 minutes of push-ups, 2 minutes of sit-ups and a 2-mile run in uniform)
- 1st place in the 10K Road March, which is a run with the team in uniform with boots; each carries individual equipment and they pass around the team rucksack.
- 1st place Raider Challenge Gauntlet Course, which includes tractor tire flips, tractor tire pull, 100 military presses and four cadets together doing 100 sit-ups with a 100-pound pole; a 25-foot rope climb and a 5-gallon water can carry/relay
- 2nd place 1-rope bridge (military 1-rope bridge over a 75-100 foot gap)
- 3rd place obstacle course (log, cinder block and brick relay; rope traverse, low crawl under wire with a litter and simulated casualty, knot tying; viking skis and carpet square traverse).
Next up is Wentworth Military Academy on Sept. 16 and 17.
Thank you for visiting your new JROTC Web Portal. We appreciate your visit, and ask that if you have ideas for how we can improve the site, please contact us at email@example.com.